April 19, 2005

Must! By Todd Nibert

Being the conservative person that I am, I love a sure thing. I don't like maybe's and ifs. I like must's. Christ said to Zacchaeus, "Today I must abide at thy house." I like that! He didn't invite Himself. He simply said He must do it. There is only one reason Christ must do anything. He must do His Father's will, "Wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business," and, "I must work the works of Him that sent Me." Everything that Christ did was a must. That is why everyone He died for, everyone that trusts in Him, must be saved! He said concerning the "other sheep" that were not of the particular fold of His twelve disciples, "... Them also I must bring in, and they shall hear my voice." I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that all that Christ represented must be saved. But you may ask, where do I fit in? The Philippian jailer asked the question, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" To which the apostles replied, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved." I must trust Christ to be saved, and if I trust Him my salvation is a must! By Todd Nibert