August 07, 2004

Does God receive all the glory. by E. Wilson



THE BOAST or THE CRY
Of the self-righteous believer, or the sinner saved by grace


I chose to serve Christ by my own Free-will, or Christ chose me, unworthy as I am
John 15:16

I love Christ so He shall reward me, or Christ first loved me, before I ever loved Him.
I John 4:19

I asked Christ into my life, or Christ irresistibly called me by His grace
Gal 1:15-16, John 6:27

I opened my heart to let the Lord come in, or Christ removed my hard heart and came in
Ezek 36:26

I frequently exercise faith in Christ, or Christ granted me faith teaching me trust
Eph 2:8

I repented of my sins, so Christ cleansed me, or Christ regenerated me and turned me from sin
Titus 3:5

I receive Christ’s atonement and teaching, or Christ drew me by the Holy Spirit with His love
Jer 31:3

I am a fervent disciple of Christ, or Christ made me willing to serve Him
Psa 110:3

I pray to Christ and claim my promises daily, or Christ intercedes for me and encourages me to pray
Rom 8:26

I have given up much in order to serve Christ, or Christ gave up all to save me though I deserve hell
Rom 5:8-9

I have kept myself close to Christ, or Christ has kept me close by His grace
Psa 30:3



What they base their hope on, or What I base my Hope on

“God, I ask You to forgive me of my sins.
I believe in Jesus Christ and in His death
on the cross for my sins. I ask You to
enter my life right now, and provide me
strength as I commit my life to You this day."
or

Moreover whom He did predestinate,
them He also called: and whom He called,
them He also justified: and whom
He justified, them He also glorified.”
Rom 8:30

1Cr 1:31 "That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord."