November 14, 2005

What will heaven be like? By Todd Nibert

What will heaven be like? The scriptures actually give very little information. However, the information the scriptures do give is sufficient to make the child of God long for heaven. One reason we long for heaven is because we will have glorified bodies. Another reason is because we will be without sin. But the chief reason we long for heaven is to see the Lord Jesus Christ. Christ said in John 17:24, "Father I will that they also, whom Thou hast given Me, be with Me where I am." Notice, he didn't merely say, "I will that they be where I am..." but, "I will that they be with Me where I am." Heaven is being with Christ and beholding His glory. We cannot see Him now as we desire. Our sins and unbelief clouds the view. But even though we can't see Him now as we desire, we will one day. "We shall see Him as He is." And until then, we say with Job, "I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand in the latter days upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom 1 shall see for myself and mine eyes shall behold Him, and not another: though my reins be consumed in me."
By Todd Nibert